Energy Storage Systems (ESS)
Explore policy and code compliance resources for energy storage systems.
These links are offered as a service to local governments and have not been fact-checked by BayREN. Suggest additional links for this page by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Checklists and Guidelines for Energy Storage Battery System Requirements
- City of Santa Clara (applies to sites and indoor storage of electric carts or cars)
- Sustainable Energy Action Committee (SEAC) (applies to one- and two-family dwellings with a solar PV system)
- Town of Woodside (Applies to one- and two-family dwelling with or without a solar photovoltaic system)
Trainings for ESS Requirements
- CALBO – Plan Check for Solar Photovoltaic and Energy Storage Systems (2019 Code)
- Energy Code Ace – Decoding Renewables: Let’s Talk PV, Solar & Energy Compliance (2016 Code) and current trainings
California Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) Renewable Energy
California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC)
Contact Codes & Standards
Do you have a question we haven’t answered? Contact us.